Boston, Massachusetts City Guide
Is the pest problem continuing to grow at your homes, yards, and neighborhoods in Boston, Massachusetts? Do you suspect the pest infestation has gone out of control? Are the pesticides or insecticides for pest control authorized only for use by licensed professionals?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you’re not alone and help is at hand. Luckily, for you, there are several DIY tips available in this guide to help you solve “newbie” pest issues.
However, if you think the pest problem is “serious”, call any one of the top 5 pest control companies (mentioned below) in Boston who can help you get the job done fast and at affordable price.
Also, make sure to read some tips at the end on what to look for while hiring a professional exterminator.
Pest Control – About “City of Neighborhoods”
Boston is the capital and the 10th largest cities of the state of Massachusetts, United States, where over 7.6 million people live and work.
During the American Revolution, Boston saw several KEY events such as the Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, and the Battle of Bunker Hill. After independence from the Great Britain, the city still continues to be a major port and manufacturing hub, and center point for education and culture, including billions of annoying bugs and pests.
The city’s history helps attract tons of tourists every year, with Faneuil Hall alone driving more than 20 million tourists. Unfortunately, the city also attracts hords of rats, bees, mosquitoes, rodents, and other types of pests.
Also known sometimes as a “city of neighborhoods,” Boston is home to 23 officially designated neighborhoods. Among these neighborhoods lives all sorts of insects and pests that cause a lot of problems for the locals.
Boston also has a continental climate. Summers are usually warm and hot (July is the hottest month), humid, and rainy. Winters are cold, rainy, and snowy. Spring and fall are mostly mild with temperatures, with varying conditions depending on jet stream positioning and wind direction. This varying weather of the city attracts all kinds of pests including rodents, rats, mice, spiders, bees, ants, fleas, crickets, among others. If you’re suspicious about pest infestation at your home, call a professional pest exterminator in Boston, Massachusetts (listed below).
Boston offers a variety of cultural attractions for visitors. The city has numerous museums, theatres, music groups, and orchestra, with Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra being the nation’s largest youth orchestra. With that said, the city is also a center for pests who enter and live in city’s homes, halls, conservatories, and universities.
So, how do you fight against these annoying bugs and pests without having to spend a lot? Well, there are two solutions for your pest problem: Either rid them of your place yourself (using DIY tips discussed below) or call a professional bug exterminators in Boston. There are 5 top highly experienced pest control experts in your area.
Boston DIY Tips for Pest Control
Here are few DIY tips for you to try and eradicate hordes of insects and pests and save money:
- Install a door sweep – Prevent pests from entering your house by installing a door sweep and save money this year. A door sweep is a handy tool that blocks the path between the door bottom and the ground. You can easily find one near a local hardware store. For an easy fix, purchase an item that does not require drilling and simply sticks with an adhesive strip.
- Vacuum – It won’t be feasible to seal every hole to keep critters from entering your house. That is when a weekly vacuuming session comes in to save your day. Not only you’ll suck up crawling insects inside your homes, you can also trap them before they can get crushed or leave stains (ladybugs).
- Keep everything clean – Also, spend at least 15 minutes every week to remove and organize piles of newspapers, junk mails, and clothing from your floors. This place serves as a dark and nice hiding places for insects and pests.
Pest Control for Boston: DIY vs. Professional
While it’s always a good idea to try to do it yourself to save money and keep bugs for a short period, however, it always pays to hire a professional pest control company, especially if the pest problem is ongoing, or the infestation has gone out of control, or if the pesticides/insecticides for pest control are authorized for use by licensed professionals.
If you do need to hire a professional exterminator, keep the following considerations in mind:
- Analyze the Technician – Before letting the pest expert enter your house, ask for his/her license, certificate, and/or identification, and make sure it’s valid and current. Almost all states in the US requires that the technicians be licensed, and they participate in annual training to keep their license current.
- The Company – Ask if the company is insured and bonded to protect your property and protect against any liability that may occur.
- Knowledge – Can the pest expert or the sales representative, knowledgeable enough to answer pressing questions related to pest control? Sometimes, they may not know an answer to a question or two. In this case, they must be willing to say he/she’ll find out and let you know.
If you’ve been reading this guide, and think you may need a professional pest control company to look after your pest problem for a long time, here’s a good news: Boston city has plenty of highly-rated and certified pest control companies (listed below). Make sure to Google for more information (phone numbers, websites, etc).
Top 5 Pest Control Companies in Boston, MC
Here are top 5 most reputed and experienced pest exterminators in Boston city:
- T.S Pest & Wildlife Control (Sherborn, MA) – This insured and licensed company offers around the clock (24/7) emergency pest control services. In addition to ants and bees removal, they also offer trapping and eradication of squirrels, mice, woodchucks, skunks, and more.
- Mass Bay Wildlife Management, Inc (Medway, MA) – This company offers comprehensive and professional pest control services using organic (non-lethal) methods. Their expert pest killers are qualified to handles numerous types of pests including wasps, bees, snakes, raccoons, and more.
- Mass Bedbug Busters, LLC (Worcester, MA) – In addition to offering professional pest control services, their team of highly trained exterminators also provide bed bug extermination services. If you’re suspicous about bedbugs infestation at your home, call them and they’ll arrive and determine whether you have bedbug problems through odor or eggs.
- Rid-All Pest Control (North Andover, MA) – Protect your children and pets from annoying insects and pests by trying this company’s commercial and residential pest control services. The company is family-owned and they specialize in exterminating ants, bees, rodents, among others.
- Freedom Pest Control (Topsfield, MA) – Here’s another family-owned pest control company that will eliminate ants, wildlife (squirrels and skunks), bedbug and everything in between. They have been in the pest control industry for over 20 years now.
Conclusion – Pest Control for Boston
If you suspect pest infestation in your home located in Boston, it’s time for you to take action. Eliminate them either following simple DIY tips we discussed above, or simply hire a professional pest control expert as they seem to have years of experience, and offer you a lasting solution to your pest problem.