Los Angeles, California
Known as the “city of Angels”, Los Angeles (LA) is also synonymous to Hollywood and its warm sunny weather. Most people often know LA as the “entertainment capital” of the world and home to some of the worlds most popular movie production companies.
As you might have expected, the LA’s warm weather, its dense human population which is continuously growing, and its’ beautiful landscape also attracts host of interesting animals. LA not only has dolphins and a large population of seagulls in the seaside areas, but also has all kinds of pests including raccoons, squirrels, opossum, and snakes, among others. Because the state is such an attractive destination for tourists, most of the insects and animals in LA have the potential to become pests.
While there are certain pests that seem to be present in every state, such as critters and raccoons, bats, squirrels, and rabbits, LA also has some unique pests that are not found in other cities in California. California is a coastal state, and therefore, it must face all issues related with a wide variety of seal species and sea lion. Although these creatures are shy towards people, nonetheless, their pups usually become a common prey to other larger animals such as coyotes and foxes, animals that can pose threat to the health and lives of human beings.
As you would have imagined, depending on the region of California, pest animals may appear from any species. Southern California, for example, is infamously warm and sunny throughout the year, in spite of the prevailing snow and chilly cold temperatures in the mountain regions. For this reason, many reptiles and amphibians such as frogs, toads, snakes, and frogs, including the Cascades frog and the California chorus thrive in the state by the dozens.
On the other hand, people living near the coastal regions will find themselves swarmed with aquatic critters, while people living in the rural mountain regions will often rage war with coyotes and bears. Others living in the middle region will confront numerous snakes, raccoons, skunks, and other scavengers.
The most common pests found in LA, California are bats, raccoons, skunks, pigeons, and numerous types of bird species such as swallows, seagulls, and woodpeckers.
Just like any other area having a diverse climate, Los Angeles also has one of the highest rates of human-insect or human-animal conflict. This is not because of the growing insect and pests’ population, but it is the opposite. The dense human population in Los Angeles, which is continually growing, attracts millions of insects and pests in the region.
- Los Angeles Bats – Bats are common types of pests found throughout Los Angeles. They are special because they eat tons insects, keeping the place free from insects. However, if you suspect your home or building has a bat infestation, ask a professional pest control company in LA for bat removal and control.
- Los Angeles Rat – Most areas of the Northern America, including Los Angeles, is inhabited by both human and mouse. There are all sorts of mice in Los Angeles, including the Norway Rat, House Mouse, and Roof Rat. They pollute food and love to live in the attic and the walls of a home. If you need a professional pest control company, keep browsing this site for more information.
- Los Angeles Snakes – Los Angeles have many species of snakes, but only few of them are poisonous. If you need help to spot snakes species in LA, just keep browsing this site or simply call one of the best pest control companies in LA for a 24-hour emergency service.
- Los Angeles Squirrels – Squirrels are agile animals that live throughout the year in the Los Angeles. They love to live in the trees and in the attic; will chew on electrical wires or wood. If you require squirrel removal, simply call a pest control experts near your area.
- Los Angeles Raccoons – Los Angeles also has plenty of raccoons. These masked creatures habitually steal pet food and raid trashcans. They live in the chimney or attic of your home. Although they are one of the beautiful Californian creatures, but sometimes, they can also become a pest.
If you are not sure, whether you should call a professional pest control expert or not, wait at least 2 weeks. This will give you plenty of time to catch them if they have recently invaded your apartment or home. After 2 weeks, if you are still having a problem with pest control, it is best to call a pest control expert in Los Angeles.
There are experts who specialize in all kinds of LA insects and pests issues. If you require Los Angeles snake control, raccoon or other animal removal, they can help. They are experts with skunk, bats, and rats, and its problems. They offer various bird control and removal services, and offer additional preventive measures for potential infestations.
These professional pest controllers operates in the city of Los Angeles, and offer their services in areas such as Beverly Hills, Van Nuys, Studio City, Pacific Palisades, Encino, Santa Monica, Hollywood, among other areas.
Los Angeles Pest Control Tip
Rodents in the basement of your homes are showing signs of lethargy. What could this mean? Well, if rodents present in the basement of your home are showing signs of lethargy, that probably means they are infected with some type of disease, most likely from poxvirus. While grey rodents are immune to this disease, for red rodents, poxvirus is generally lethal.
Although rodents suffering from the poxvirus can become increasingly shivery and lethargic, however, they do not pose any threat to humans. But, any rodents, whether healthy or unhealthy, that have invaded your space, need to be removed and if they’re suffering from any form of disease, certain actions must be taken to ensure that any remains are also removed and the basement, or any other infected area, is also thoroughly cleaned.
The only way to eradicate the rodent problem is by trapping them and removing them, not near the locality of your home but far away from your home. Releasing rodents near the locality of your home means they might reinfest your home.
There is also an alternative to release. Humanely kill the rodents but many people are too squeamish using this method. The only guaranteed method of dealing with rodents in your home is to set up a trap and kill them.
If you are continuously struggling with a mouse or rat infestation, there are handful of experienced pest exterminators in Los Angeles and its areas. Google using proper keyword like “Best pest control companies in Los Angeles, California” or “Top pest control companies in LA, California” to find local companies in the region.
Most of those companies found in the first page of Google search result are often highly rated and professional companies who have years of experience and good reputation in the pest control industry. Nonetheless, before deciding to use their pest control services, make sure to verify their credentials, licensing status, and customer reviews on various local websites.